Welcome to the new Greyhounds Website!
• Weekly workouts • Reports of Greyhounds in action at meets in BC, Canada, US and around the world • Greyhounds' Schedule • BC Masters’ Records • Canadian Masters’ Rankings • Greyhounds’ top performances • and much more..
Coach Harold: "Hello Greyhounds” - Jan. 29
Subject: Saturday in North Surrey and BC Masters Final Events
This Saturday morning we will change our training venue from SFU to NORTH SURREY SECONDARY SCHOOL. We trained outside today (Thursday) and the weather was fine. The weather on Saturday will be sunny and the high will be close to 10 degrees (probably around noon/early PM). So meet at the North Surrey School at 10 am.
* BRING YOUR TRACK SHOES AND STARTING BLOCKS More…
Coach Sam’s tip for week of Jan. 26
"Everything you wanted to know about how to sprint the 200m. . . Cuz you figure the 400m is too damn far to run! Whether competing indoors or outdoors, the 200m race will be very similar. The difference being that indoors the curve is tighter and the lanes are narrow. Since we all reach top speed on average within the first 60m (but then decelerate after that), this race must be run with strategy just like the 400m sprint.…” More...
Coach Dave: “Just Saying Stuff #3” - Jan. 25
"Without a doubt, stretching is a vital component in any athletic endeavour or training session; however, the type of stretching and when we do them will make a substantial difference in our performance. In the 'Journal of Strength & Conditioning Research' (Jan 2014 - Vol 28 - Issue 1 - p 140-146), an original research paper was presented entitled 'Static stretching can impair performance for at least 24 hours'…” More...
See below for throws practice locations to the end of February
Next Week Topic: Suggesting ways to reduce chronic pain and inflamation caused by osteoarthritis.
Saturday Workouts from Harold
Weekly Workouts from Sam
Track Practice Locations this Week:
- Monday, Jan. 26 - Langley 7pm (with Sam)
- Tuesday, Jan. 27 - Guildford 10am
- Wednesday, Jan. 28 - Langley 7pm (with Sam)
- Thursday, Jan. 29 - North Surrey 10am
- Saturday, Jan. 31 - North Surrey 10am
Throws Practice Locations to end of February:
Tuesday, Jan. 27 - Guildford 11:30am (with Dave)
Thursday, Jan. 29 - Bear Creek Park 10am (with Dave)
Saturday, Jan. 31 - North Surrey (with Dave)
- Feb. 13-15, 2015 - BC Indoor Championships in Kamloops
- Mar. 14-15, 2015 - Canadian Masters Indoor in Toronto